Debugging Scripts by Writing to Event.log

October 17, 2011

This is a fresh story of me spending hours trying to fix a technical issue and accidentally revealing a gold nugget. A few days ago one of my nightly server-side scripts stopped working without any apparent reason. But when I tried to run the script in FileMaker Pro it worked just fine. I really needed [...]

Read more →

FileMaker Script Execution Time Cut From 5 Hours To 6 Seconds

March 17, 2011

Sometimes, not often, I accidentally achieve results that look too marvelous to be real. But they are. Just like in this case. Last week I assigned Petr, our internal system developer, the task to optimize one server-side script. The script recently started taking over 8 hours to run and reaching the expiration limit we have [...]

Read more →

FileMaker PHP Error 7 (Running Out Of Memory) resolved

February 23, 2011

Yesterday I got so stuck with an issue that I wanted to send a question to a mailing list. But (un)fortunately I sent it from a wrong e-mail address so it did not reach the list. Then, before discovering that I used the wrong e-mail address I actually resolved the issue, so now I can [...]

Read more →